Since November 2013, Relate has partnered with Sorbet and Clicks in supporting the Sorbet Empowering Women Trust with a total of 59 824 bracelets sold. Through the partnership to date we have raised R996 259 which has been invested and donated towards social upliftment.
Thank you to our amazing and loyal Sorbet Guests that have bought bracelets and supported this wonderful initiative – Without you we couldn’t have reached these amazing
The aim of the Sorbet Empowering Women initiative, is to improve the earning potential and circumstances of previously disadvantaged women in South Africa, by providing training which enables them to find employment within the beauty industry. We have placed 48 women in full time employment nationally and are aiming to reach a goal of 145 women placed in stable jobs by March 2018.
This achievement would not be possible without the support of our valued partners such as The Clothing Bank, a social enterprise focused on up-skilling and empowering unemployed women to social and financial independence. The Sorbet Empowering Women (SEW) Academy is the result of a deep collaboration between Sorbet and The Clothing Bank who provide funding for the project, training facilities, coaching, mentoring and staffing to make this initiative a reality. The SEW Academy recruits, trains and ultimately secures employment opportunities for successful graduates within Sorbet and Amazi Salons.
We are grateful for the support of Relate, The Clothing Bank, BTI, Clicks and all those who partner with us to help women fulfill their potential.
How you can get involved:
- Choose to Paint It Forward when having a treatment – Add R5 to any nail treatment as a donation to SEW
- Buy a beaded Relate bracelet in our salons
- Make a secure online donation via the Givengain website
- Donate your old and unused Nail Polish Bottles any Sorbet Stores nationwide
- Refer woman who you think will benefit to our amazing program
- For other information and how you can sponsor a nail techs journey please email: firstname.lastname@example.org