As South Africa (and the rest of the world) is finding her feet during this COVID-19 period, it is also our responsibility to remind all those around us of the importance of strict hygiene standards not only in our homes but also in our places of business.
We would like to take this opportunity to let our guests and friends know that we, at the Sorbet Group, are taking every precaution possible to keep our stores safe and clean for you, our employees and the community long past the lockdown & as a permanent feature. We all continue to monitor the coronavirus along with the rest of South Africa and the world & we are committed to delivering the same impeccable standards in our stores that Sorbet is known for, always.
We are hygiene obsessed, the safety & security of our guests and team members remains our key priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
In compliance with the South African Government’s efforts to avoid the spread of the Coronavirus, Sorbet will be implementing among others, the following additional precautionary hygiene protocols and safety measures across all our stores on opening:
- All guests to sanitise their hands before entering the salon.
- All guests to register their details at the front desk.
- All guests to wear masks, no mask, no entry!
- Our staff are equipped with a face mask, face shield & a set of gloves (where possible), when conducting treatments. This is to ensure your safety as well as theirs.
- Perspex screen dividers will be placed between customers & employees, where possible.
- Contactless payments will be made available.
- All workstations to be thoroughly sanitized at the start of the day & in between each treatment and/or customer.
- Deep cleaning and sanitizing of all resources between treatments.
- Signage related to hygiene protocols will be strategically positioned throughout the store.
- Limiting the number of customers in the salon by staggering all bookings to allow for enough spacing between workstations in line with the social distancing guidelines of 1.5 to 2 meters, i.e. one workstation to remain open while another is in use.
- Social distancing measures to be strictly enforced which will include limiting the total number of employees in any pause areas to maximum two at a time.
Now that trading has commenced once again, Sorbet is diligently monitoring the compliance and implementation of all hygiene protocols as part of our operational standards. These additional hygiene protocols will form part of the continuous training for all franchisees and employees.
We, as the Sorbet Group, want to ensure our Sorbet Community that we will do our utmost to ensure the above & all other strict hygiene measures for the safety of our guests, our staff & the rest of South Africa, by doing our part in helping to flatten the curve.