Your once in a lifetime opportunity to become a professional Makeup Artist is here!
Sorbet is searching for South Africa’s newest, glammest, start-out Makeup Artists to showcase their makeup talents. We want your contours, your nudes and your finesse.
If you fancy yourself an aspiring face wizard that knows how to shade it, sparkle it, nude it and monochrome it for the fans, then you could be our next big thing.
Fabulous prizes to be WON! 10 winners Could it be you?
How do I Enter?
Send us your before look and shots of 3 big looks using at least one Sorbet Makeup product in your entry:
…with a motivation of why you believe you have what it takes to be 2020’s, Sorbet’s Makeup Artist.
Competition going live on 24th July 2020 & you can send your entries HERE.
Follow @Clicks_SA & @Sorbetgroup social media platforms for updates.
Meet The Judges
What do I WIN?
- A qualification and complete training from Beauty Therapy Institute (BTI)
- Full Makeup Kit with Professional Makeup Portable Cosmetics Travel Trolley and Makeup Belt.
- R500 p/month Sorbet allowance for 12 months
Brushes up, let’s go!
Sorbet Make up Artist Search 2020 Competition Terms & Conditions
- By entering the Competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- In order to be eligible to enter the Competition, you:
- must acknowledge that you accept these terms and conditions and tick the terms and conditions box;
- must be 18 years old or older;
- must be a citizen of the Republic of South Africa;
- must reside in the Republic of South Africa;
- must enter via the online entry form on the official Clicks website: https://apps.clicks.co.za/sorbet-makeup-artist-search-2020/
- must use at least one (1) Sorbet Makeup product in their entry;
- must load, via the online entry form, 4 (four) clear colour j-peg or png 2 (two) megabytes or less in size) photographs of (1) one before look and the 3(three) different make up looks you have created, photograph must be a head and shoulders front view.
- must NOT be photo-shopped / make up looks need to be captured RAW and not manipulated in any way or form (no Apps or filtering)
- must NOT portray any nudity in your photograph submission;
- must NOT upload any group photographs as an entry;
- must make sure you are available to travel to Cape Town/Johannesburg during the months of Sept-Dec, if need be
- must NOT be contracted to any make up artist school or agency.
- must be prepared, and hereby grants consent, to appear on Clicks and/or Sorbet promotional platforms which may include television, the internet, posters, leaflets, radio and on and/or within a Clicks ClubCard magazine as well as on the Clicks and/or Sorbet Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages;
- must acknowledge that entry into the Competition is taken entirely at your own risk and by entering this competition you agree to accept further communication from Clicks and Sorbet regarding aspects related to the Competition’s prizes;
- must acknowledge that you own or are otherwise is in control of all the rights to the content that you post on social media; that the content and information submitted is your own and accurate; and that you will indemnify Clicks and Sorbet for all claims resulting from content you post;
- must acknowledge that Clicks and Sorbet has the right but not the obligation to regulate and edit or remove any activity or content posted by you on social media relating to the Competition. Clicks and Sorbet and/or its Partners take no responsibility and assume no liability for any materials posted by you or any third party;
- must acknowledge that all images submitted as entries into the competition will remain the property of Clicks and Sorbet. Images may be used commercially to advertise the Sorbet Make up Artist Search 2020 competition with Clicks and Sorbet as its sponsors, as well as distributed, without credit or payment, across digital and print platforms. This applies to additional content generated via any photo-shoots;
- All participants who meet the eligibility requirements set out above will be automatically entered into the Competition.
- The following persons and entities are not eligible to participate in the Competition:
- directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to Clicks, its subsidiaries, divisions and/or associated companies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Clicks, and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners;
- directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to Sorbet or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Sorbet and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business.
- Process and timelines
- The competition commences on 24 July 2020 and closes on 21 August 2020 .
- The Submissions 24 July – 21 August (4 weeks)
- Internal Judging by Clicks & Sorbet (top 100, then to top 50). 24 August – 28 August (1 week)
- Selection of Top 20 from top 50 by Celebrity Judging Panel (via email) 31 August – 4 September (1 week)
- The Top 20 Announced & New Challenge revealed. 7-11 September (1 week)
- Top 20 to share their Look on their platforms/call for their own community support, using the hashtag. #SorbetMUASearch14 – 18 September (1 week)
- Vote for People’s Choice Award
- (Looks to be posted on Clicks microsite and shared on Clicks social media channels.21 – 25 September
- Selection of Top 9 by Celebrity Judging Panel: (via e-mail) 28 September – 2 October
- The Top 9 and People’s Choice winners announced on Clicks & Sorbet Social Media and campaign microsite. The top 10 will be announced between the 9-12th October, the judges’ decision is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entered into.
- Become an official Sorbet Makeup Artist/brand ambassador
- Full training and qualification from BTI (Beauty Therapy Institute)
- Full Makeup Kit with Professional Makeup Portable Cosmetics Travel Trolley
- Make-up Belt
- A Sorbet monthly spending allowance voucher of R500 p/month (for 12 months)
- Total prize value is R 26,700.
- The Winners will not receive a salary or income for the Sorbet make up artist Events, In store activations or Webinars
- Clicks and Sorbet will not be responsible for any loss of income should the Sorbet Make up artist not be able to obtain leave from their current employer for travel purposes.
- The winners may not post, send or share any photographs prior to promotional material involving the Sorbet make up artist Winners being distributed
- By entering the Competition you grant explicit consent to this and agree to an agreed schedule of appearances.
- Should the winners choose to bring a companion; partner or any person along, it will be at the winners own expense. Clicks nor Sorbet will be responsible for any losses, damages or costs sustained or claims arising by such persons resulting from any travel or photo-shoot events.
- Should the Winners choose to bring a person under the age of 18 years, it is such winners’ responsibility to ensure the minor is taken care of in every aspect and not left unattended.
- The prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or for any other item. If, for any reason, Clicks or Sorbet cannot provide any of the prizes, Clicks or Sorbet will award an alternative prize of a similar value.
- The Top 10 will be required to provide Clicks and Sorbet with proof of identification in the form of a valid identity document, passport or South African driver’s licence.
- Notification and delivery of prizes:
- The relevant winners contact details will be obtained from the online entry form via the Clicks website.
- The winners of the competition must be available to endorse Sorbet Makeup exclusively for one year.
- Clicks and Sorbet reserves the right to disqualify winners if they do not respond to the telephone call within 2 working days of being contacted, indicating that they accept the prize. In such event, Clicks and Sorbet will be entitled to select another winner within 1 working day thereafter.
- The winners’ names will be published on the official Clicks’ website (www.clicks.co.za), may or may not be published in a Clicks ClubCard Magazine issue of 2020, Clicks official Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/ClicksSouthAfrica) Clicks official Twitter page (https://twitter.com/Clicks_SA), a Clicks leaflet, TV and radio. The winner’s names will also be published on the Sorbet Groups marketing communication channels that include emailers, social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) and other relevant marketing communication.
- Unless the winners specifically states otherwise, each winner agrees to participate in all promotional activity and hereby consents to Clicks and Sorbet using their names and/or images in any promotional material for the purpose of promoting the competition. No compensation will be payable for such use. The winners will have the right to withdraw her consent for the use of her name, images prior to the ‘letter of agreement’ being agreed upon and signed by the winners, Clicks and/ or Sorbet.
- A copy of these terms and conditions will be available on the official Clicks’ website (clicks.co.za) and Sorbet’s website (www.sorbet.co.za) from 24 July 2020.
- By participating in the Competition, you agree that neither Clicks nor Sorbet nor any of their respective advertising agencies will be liable for any losses, damages, costs or claims in connection with the Competition or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize.
- CLICKS AND SORBET RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND THE COMPETITION, as well as competition rules FOR REASONS BEYOND ITS CONTROL. CLICKS, SORBET AND ITS SERVICES PROVIDERS, INCLUDING ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK PROVIDERS, ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT OR INACCURATE TRANSCRITION OF ENTRY INFORMATION, TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION, LOST OR DELAYED DATA TRANSMISSION, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, LINE FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE, THE INABILITY TO ACCESS ANY WEBSITE OR ONLINE SERVICES OR FOR ANY OTHER ERROR.